Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Count Down

So i've officially moved to my sisters house in Vancouver and my car is for sale (hopefully it sells before I leave!!! ) and yet I am still having trouble believing that my departure is less than a week away!  Moving from Langley has turned out to be really hard; I had to get rid of everything i've accumulated over the last four years, leave a wonderful work crew, and leave my roommate who happens to be one of my very best friends.

Over the last year living with CD has been wonderful! It's been full of girls nights and lying in bed watching movies late into the night. This has been my first experience living with someone who was a friend first and it has definitely been much different experience than living with a stranger. One of our favourite things to do was go out and grab a bite at a new restaurant while we were both exploring Langley, we had sushi, thai food, indian, chinese, italian, and greek, but one of our all-time favourites had to be fresh sea food at White Rock on a beautiful day. It was bitter sweet having our last night out and since it was so gorgeous we decided to go to White Rock and eat fish and chips followed by gelato on the pier as the sun set. Is there any better smell than fresh sea air?

Roomies <3
On the same night I was also surprised by a last minute night out with RH. We tried to go to roosters one last time but we got there too late and ended up chilling in the line up forever. Sometimes you have the most fun when you are doing nothing!  I'm going to miss that girl, who else is going to get me in trouble?

The Table
Last night was a combined Birthday for CD and Bon Voyage Party for myself and DC (who is headed off to England to teach for a year). We went to Steamworks in Gas Town which was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it! I was pleasantly suprised when a bunch of the girls from work were able to make it out even though they were opening the next day at 4:30 am, troupers!

The Fishbowls were on special! 
After stuffing ourselves at dinner we headed farther into gas town to the Blarney Stone for dancing. I'm going to miss the Blarney for its laid-back atmosphere and consistent good time, I seriously don't think i've ever had a bad night there.

 These kind of nights are what summer is made for, good food, good company, good music, and a giant sweaty dance floor!

 It seems like the last few weeks has been filled with endless goodbyes; my parents, my brother, aunts & uncles, cousins, friends, co-workers, pets, and places! There are so many things I will miss about this beautiful place but I know I will be gaining so many new things. There will be new people for me to meet and new experiences for me to have and I can't wait! It's been weird because I cant remember the last time I didn't have at least one job or was in school and so during this job-less/school-less time I find the days just floating by without me being able to keep track. I can hardly remember what day of the week it is and i'm not really following any schedule, just trying to make sure I don't forget to get anything done before I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment