Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Post!!

Blogging is a new experience for me but i've had the idea to start this blog since I found out I got accepted into medical school. Starting something new always feels so strange but here I go...

My hope for this blog is that it becomes a place that I can write down my feelings and experiences and create a medium to keep everyone in my life up to date ( and of course put up tons of pictures :) ) so please hang in there with me as I figure out how to become a blogger.

Today finally feels like the right time to start writing about this crazy new adventure since all of a sudden in the last couple of days it has become real... I am really moving out of my place with C today. I am really getting rid of everything I have acquired in the last four years. I am really flying to the tiny island of Saba in just 10 days! Its insane how quickly everything has come to pass since it was only 4 months ago that I got my official acceptance letter.  After you get accepted everything becomes this race to get everything done, you have tons of paperwork, somehow you need to get a loan approved, and you must also fulfill any other requirements that the school asks of you. Its not until you have gotten everything done and you sit down and realize what is actually happening... I got into medical school! It's definitely not going to be easy and it's probably going to seem impossible at times but all I can do is try my best and hold on with everything i've got and be thankful that I have such a wonderful support network.

On monday I got some exciting news... I found out that I won the dormitory jackpot and I will be staying in Hillside 2 which has 6 quads, I will be in quad # 2 with three other girls. This is one of only three quads that has a full kitchen with a stove and oven which is great because I wasn't looking forward to eating microwave meals for the next year! I'm actually really excited to live in dorms because it was something that I missed out on going to UFV but at the same time I will still have my own space, its the best of both worlds. I will post pictures when I get there!

Cheers
GB

No comments:

Post a Comment