Monday, September 3, 2012

Last Day Of Freedom

Today was orientation day and it was fantastic! We got more acquainted with our class and saw everyone together for the first time (there is 112 of us!) and got a quick tour of the campus. Among the administrative stuff we also got a welcome and quick lessons on the rules of Saba from the police chief (I think?) he had a pretty strong accent but from what I understood he was very funny!

After all the talking we were treated to a pizza lunch and set free on The Bottom (the name of the town I live in) where we showed our new roommate A. around. We also got free pay as you go phones from the local wireless company Satel, they are about 100 years out of date but they have a flashlight function which i'm told is handy in case the power goes out.








I was also excited to order coffee from the local coffee shop that they get from fair-trade sources and then roast to order on the island. Yum! We have been drinking folgers for the last few days which has not been very good. (Starbucks family feel free to send me via, especially the new pumpkin spice one!!! or anniversary blend if C. doesn't drink it all)


We got home and played around with all the lectures we downloaded that morning and then had a quiet evening at home before classes start to make the most of our last day of freedom. There was an absolutely gorgeous sunset today and I cant help but fall deeper in love with this place. I have been told, however, that eventually the "honeymoon phase" will end... until then I will just enjoy.



I also have surrounded my study space with pictures of all the people I love and it makes me feel just that much closer to home. I am also lucky to have a great group of friends growing here.

Wish me luck for my first day of actual classes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment